From:
MS JEANNE E STADTMILLER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 1995 17:35:22 EDT
Tuesday night I lost little Spotlight to lymphosarcoma -  it progressed
very much like someone else who just posted here in the last FML -  sorry,
I can't remember who wrote it.  My heart hurts so much that my head can't
keep up.  However, I won't write anything more than this -  I think  I saw
some requests for happy letters, so I'll try not to drag everybody down.

I would, tho, like to make a related comment about Ferret Math.  It's been
a real joke around the FML in the past.  For example,  John Doe, with his
new  ferret, disappears from the FML for a while and when he comes back he
has THREE ferrets.  THIS is ferret math!  However, in light of Spotsy's
passing, I've discovered another aspect of Ferret Math.

I have 20 ferrets.  Each and every one of them has a special spot in my
heart.  So that means, each one has about 5% of it, right?  Well, how come
losing one makes all 100% of my heart break?  Is that Ferret Math as well?
                                Jeanne