From:
Another Ferret Mom & Dad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 00:08:02 -0400
Hi Everyone, Hope that you all, and your fuzzies, had a great week.  I have
a question on the Pet Skope Ear Viewer.  Do any of you have this?  Can you
see or tell by using this item that your ferrets actually have ear mites?
I just ordered one from The Ferret Store (The Only Place To Shop!), so I
haven't received it as of yet.  My vet told me to order one, and said that
I should do not only the bi weekly ear cleanings, but that I should view
their ears with the scope as I'd be able to see mites, I was just wondering
if this is true.  Please, any of you that have and use it, please email me
directly and give me your comments on it, your experience with it.

Update on our newest arrival, Georgie.  He is doing so good, it's so
relieving to see because we weren't sure how long he'd take to adjust to
us, our home, and to having five other ferret siblings when he was use to
being an only ferret for three years.  He no longer sleeps a lot as I once
posted about, as I was concerned.  He use to come out, go under the love
seat and sleep, staying under there, asleep for hours.  Now, when they come
out, Georgie NEVER retreats to under the love seat, and he sure does NOT
sleep when he's out as he once did.  He plays the entire time, and he
really is more relaxed.  Him and all the other ferrets have bonded, so
there is no more of trying to do the introductions, they all play together
very well.  Yes, they have the occasional fight, but within a minute they
are off, dooking and bouncing all over the place.  I also posted in the
past that Georgie would not eat, not a problem any more, believe me.  He
now eats like a little piggy, which we are so glad of.  I am so glad that
his anxiety and stress has come down because he is such a sweet, adorable
little guy and it's nice to see the "real" Georgie, and see him playing
and eating, and just having fun.

Thank you all for your email, with the advice, comments, care, when I
needed you.  That is one of they many reasons that I am so glad we have
this list, so many nice people out there who are understanding, helpful,
and it really does help you get through situations.  Thank You so much BIG
for allowing us to come together, to be there for one another, and I'm
sorry that there are times when you get "nasty" postings that we all must
read and deal with, but even so, thank you for a place where we can come
together for one another).

Hope you all have a nice weekend.
Dooks to all