From:
Megan McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 11:44:24 -0400
Okay, I can understand a ferret either liking or not liking raisins, but
one of mine likes them...sometimes!  I went away for a weekend and my
roommate fed and played with them, and as when I got home the first thing
she said to me about the ferrets was "I'm worried about Sammi, she wouldn;t
take her raisin!" Neither a fanatic or an abstainer...she's defniately the
oddest ferret I have.

The actual question is: I have heard a lot about Totally Ferret, and I am
willing to switch if it is better for the girls, but one of my girls is
*very* picky (the only treat she will eat is raisins, no matter what else I
try).  For cats, I find that mixing the two foods together for a while,
then slowly switching over seems to work, but I had heard that ferrets are
more scent-oriented, and will not switch as easily.  Anastasia is an
elderly girl, and I really feel she has earned the right not to be unduly
stressed by the world in general, and so I thought I would ask: has anyone
switched food on a picky ferret?  How did you do it and what do you think
might work best?

Thanks!
Megan and the snacky three:
Anastasia (If it's not a raisin, I don't see the point.)
Lexie (It's getting cold out - I'll eat anything!)
Sammi (Umm...could I *not* have a raisin today?)

--
        "I do it for the joy it brings,
          because I'm a joyful girl."