From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 09:19:11 -0500
I use it in my recipe for the ferrets.  Turmeric can be toxic in large
doses.  I use 1/4 teaspoon in a gallon of recipe to support their immune
systems.

Pantothenic acid and CoQ10 are also good additives.  In ferret size
proportions of course.

I was thinking last night when I did the nightly check, looking at how
the ferrets cuddle up together for loving warmth... how they all seem
to get along together even though many of them come with different
backgrounds.

They share the same food bowls, always making room for one more furry
head, and when the bowl is crowded, some will take a mouth full and move
away, making room for more to share.

I've seen them cuddle with others that aren't feeling well, even though
they aren't best friends.  And I've seen them sleep in the favorite bed
of one that recently passed.

I've seen them join together to solve problems.

I truly wish people would act more like ferrets.

Tweezle, our little one that was diagnosed with fibrosarcoma so long ago,
left us yesterday.  He didn't make the journey alone.  Missy Fara who had
been with us for 2 yrs and 3 months to the day, was helped to the bridge
when we were unable to stop her seizure.

Please, in memory of these precious beings, do something helpful for a
ferret shelter near you and do something special for your own precious
little ones.

Hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart, F.B.S.
Ferret Family Services