Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 20:17:08 +1300
Guys, just HAD to tell you!!  Went to take more photos last night, and one
of the girls had already opened her eyes!!  No sign of even a slit showing
she was going to open her eyes in the morning, and by early evening they
were wide open!  Another gal had her eyes all prepared to open as well.
They're impatient gals, not due to open their eyes for another three days!

The largest kit in the litter is one of the females, she's going to be a
real Amazon, IMO!!  The boys have a huge size difference, the small guy
still smaller than the rest of the litter, and the larger "normal" boy is
larger as a result.  I got a photo of the two boys lying together side by
side.

The kits have been busily exploring the cage even though most are still
'blind' until their eyes open.  They have found the 'door' between each
cage section and move around two sections of the three-part cage exploring
the walls with determination.  Most of the kits are very dark right now,
some lighter ones.  All will be sable, or dark sable.  One *may* possibly
become a black sable, but she looks a little light for that as yet.  Their
colours are still lightened by their kit coats.  They're finally starting
to look like "real" ferrets :o) Right now they're all clumsy above all
things, and definitely determined!  They want to get out of their nest box,
and will do so even if it means pushing past mama to do so!!  LOL

They're definitely a handful, and I must admit, I'm glad that along with
another couple of weeks of age, they've learned not to scream at every
turn ;o)  A night semi-approaching sleep looms ever closer...

I've taken more photos of them, and just have to fix the photos from last
week and scan these ones in...

Sam

To see some awesome ferret cards, drop in on
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~fanmail/cards/ferretcard.htm