From:
Nemecheks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 07:42:38 -0500
>ust really gets to me when people get pets and then complain about the
>damage they do.... EXCUSE ME!!!!  but these are Animals... Creatures that
>were originally for the wild.  all furry kids..  chew..  dig... bit ...
>destroy at one time or another...giggles... but you wanted them they
>didn't ask to be placed with you.  So what is your problem.

There is no reason to be mad that people want to protect their items.
Hey, I have kids, ( i mean human children) and animals, and niether of
them are allowed to tear my stuff up.  I can totally relate to people
wanting to protect thier couches.  Just cause you have ferrets or kids
for that fact, doesn't mean you are a bad animal owner because you don't
let your animals tear up your stuff.  Hey, the way I look at it, it's
better to find a way to protect your couch, carpet, etc. than to say
"forget it" and just get rid of the animal all toghter.

It gets me mad when people SAY that these are just like thier real human
kids but they treat them totally different.  Come on, if they were just
like your kids, or treat them like you family, then you would protect your
stuff and them.  How many people on here had kids and Baby proofed their
house?  ok, and didn't you at the same time move objects that were in that
babies reach, out of the way?  That is the same way they are doing with
pets.  I move my camera's, my computer and collectiables out of the way.
And if my child still gets into it, and I decide "ok, I'll lock it away,
or I'll make it so high up they'll never reach it" that doesn't by FAR
mean that I am not suitable to have kids.  And if I decide I don't want my
couch torn up and I'm going to do something to make it so it's never torn
up again, that doesn't make me a bad ferret owner.  All that makes me is a
person who loves thier animals, but also likes that couch too.  My human
kids aren't allowed to tear apart my couch, so why would I let a ferret do
that?  And getting on this list and asking how to make it so your stuff
isn't destroyed for the ferret you have, is better than leaving it at the
pet store to live there for it's entire life.  Just my .02 cents!

Jessica