From:
BriteMeado <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Mar 1998 10:25:32 EST
I know you didn't want this to degenerate into a debate about hunting
but feel that hunters have a right to "ATTEMPT" to dispell some of the
emotionalism that occurs regarding it and defend themselves.  I will try
to find the hunting ferrets forums.  If I owned a ferret, it would be very
well taken care of and loved.  Why would I different than any other pet
owner?

Yaniv wrote:-
>Hunting is a sport that involve murdering animals...............from any
>point you look at it there isn't any justification for the kill of this
>animal, and that comes for you from a person that used to hunt for a long
>time.  Because it isn't necessary to kill the animal (you just want to)
>someone has to make sure the animal has a fair chance not to be hunted.

On the one hand you say the animal has to be given a fair chance when
hunting it, and then you say, "buy your meat at the butchers" Huh?  Do those
animals have a fair chance with the butchers??  What's the difference?  I
don't know but don't ferrets eat meat?  It's okay to let others kill animals
but not hunters...

>When a scared little Wabbit sit in a borrow and you insert a Ferret in one
>end and block the other ends with nests the Wabbit doesn't have any chance,
>he's all ready considered dead and can think what good sauce will accompany
>him on the plate and does he like Brokly or mashed Potatoes.

That's pretty funny.  What do you think the poor wabbit thinks when big bad
fox has him for dinner??  "Gosh, I'm glad it's a fox that's going to murder
me and not some other form of life!" It's okay to murder domestic animals
but not wild ones?  What do you think many animals do?

Now I KNOW I've offended someone, but I've been called a "murderer" on this
forum.

[Moderator's note: OK, any posts about hunting not VERY directly related
to ferrets will now be sent back.  This is leading in a direction not in
keeping with the purpose of the FML.  Thanks... BIG]