From:
reanee gladden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:32:43 +0000
Well I did reply to this once. That was before I knew who the woman
was. I found out yesterday afternoon.

I normaly stay out of things like this, but I do feel since this has
been publicly put up for people to read, and a woman, made to feel
like she needs to defend herself, I am going to post what I would
normaly send privetly.

I know for a fact that Darla is a very capable ferret owner. Somthing
happened and her life and her husbands were turned upside down.

It is my opinion that the husband gave up the ferrets to Zoo's
Sanctuary. He no longer has claim to the, in my opinion. He may very
well be helping finacialy with them, and visiting them, but he has
given up his right to them. This is my opinion only. So there is not
a question that these ferrets were not finacialy helped by one or the
other.

I feel the ferrets are being used as pawns in this mess. Every person
has two faces. Everyone, and that includes myself.

I feel that Zoo should return these ferrets to Darla. If Darla didn't
care about them, she could just go out and buy herself a new group of
ferrets. She doesn't want that. she wants her baby's back, high needs
and all. She has given a lot to the Sanctuary, and done a lot for Zoo.
I think Zoo in turn should do something in return. Just because you
are a Shelter, rescure or Sancturay don't always expect to be on the
recieving end. Some times we have to give back to those who have been
there for us.

I feel the fairest way for these ferrets to be returned to Darla, is
through an adoption. If that is not an option, then turn them back over
to her, as a Foster Mom. The adoption would make it legal ownership.

Zoo did not state that the husband would ever want the ferrets back.
Only that he brought them to her.

I know that Darla would not want anyone other than Zoo to care for her
kids. I know she trusts her completely, well maybe not so much right
now. I think the adoption process would be the right way to go. If I
were Zoo I would want to be as far away from this mess as possible,
especial if it comes down to court.

Darla, I think I met you once, and I know we had a falling out on my
site, but I get beyond those types of things.

I hope that your ferrets will be returned to you, ASAP. I think it
would a wonderful idea if Zoo brought the ferrets to you herself. She
could then see where you are living, and know they would be fine. She
should know they would be fine with you anyway. Haven't you learned
from Zoo herself ????? This is my own personal opinion of the
situation. We all make mistakes, we all have things beyond our control.
We all hopefully learn from them. Some people deserve a second chance.

If I spelled anything wrong, sorry, I don't feel like doing a spell
check.

REANEE GLADDEN