From:
"Anna M. Adam" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 00:53:41 -0600
      To the anon poster wondering if the ferrets come when called... HA!
Only when they WANT to. Erm... I mean... Okay, okay I'm still griping about
Applejuice hiding out INSIDE the stairs and ignoring me. For the most part,
if the kids aren't too worked up playing, they come when they're called.
Beckett comes when ANY of the three are called.. heck he'll come if I call
for my niece or nephew... because he eats ANYthing and wants to make sure
he's not missing out on a treat. :)
       Which brings me to a question I've been meaning to ask... I'm SURE
it's bad for him, but Beckett LOVE Coca Cola. Heck, it's back for ME and I
love it. He jumps into the recycling bin at my friend's house and tries to
lick the insides of the can. If I come home with a fountain drink he'll
chase me around lunging at the cup until I put it where he can't see it or
pull out the straw with my finger covering the end and let him lick from the
bottom. It's only a drop or two that he ever gets at a time, but how much
damage could this do?
        To Mr. Moderator Dude BIG, I'm curious as to why you couldn't copy
straight out that article from the newspaper? I mean, if you're careful to
quote it and note the issue and what not, what copyrights could you be
breaking? It wouldn't be illegal for me to cut out the article and mail it
to a friend, would it? Just curious...

[Moderator's note: If you cut it out and send it to someone you are not making
a copy, you are transferring your only copy.  If you are volunteering to buy
850 NY Times and send us all a clipped copy, I'm all for it :-)  Please see
Mr. Makowski's post 200 lines or so below this for more on this.  BIG]

        To Kevin Pratt: do you sell those ferret kits? :) I'd had use for
all but the last of them. I asked my boss if I could put my beastlings on my
health insurance policy but she said no. She also told me that I can't use
sick leave to stay home with a sniffling ferret though I could with a
sniffling child. SHE obviously doesn't own a beastling. Discrimination!

Ahn (the long winded one) and her crew who remind you, 'pet store' is not
(always) an evil phrase.