From:
Minta Ruark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 07:53:19 -0700
How did I wind up with 2+ ferrets?  It just kind of happened....

My first ferret Zooey was free.  Then I got her a friend Elsa b/c I felt
bad about her being alone when I was at work.  Only, Elsa didn't entertain
Zooey enough.  She was a little lazy and a little anti-social, so I got
Linus.  Linus was quite energetic only he'd tire Zooey and Elsa out so
then he'd want to play with me, and I couldn't do that when I wasn't there
(having to go to work).  So...then I got Martin to play with Linus, who i
got to play with Zooey b/c Elsa wasn't doing her job.

Well Martin didn't do his job too well either (he's a lazy lap ferret).
Elsa died last year and since then I have gotten two baby ferrets (one who
died this summer), and so my last addition Sybil is doing a wonderful job
of tiring everyone out, only now after everyone's gone to sleep she looks
at me demanding I amuse her.

I think therefore I will have to get Sybil a friend for when the others are
asleep...:)

That was my experience with ferret math....:)

Minta
(& Zooey, Linus, Martin & Sybil)