Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 2009 10:26:55 -0500
Ok -- this'll be the 3rd time I've tried to post this, hope it works
this time. MoJoMan update! It was off to Doc Levenson's office this
weekend, for one last ditch effort at getting MoJo's adrenal gland
disease under control! Man is he resistant to just about everything
we're doin!! This time we double dosed his skinny little naked fanny
with Melantonin. Well, 1.5 doses anyways....we're going to see if the
larger amount of the melatonin implants works this time around. Not
much else we can do if it doesn't except buy him more clothing.....say,
anyone know where I can get ferret pants? His bum is so naked and cold!
He also had been "scratching" it quite a bit, and ended up with a
pretty gnarly looking rash there.. We are using cortisone cream to
try and alleviate this until the tonin kicks in.

On a higher note -- my hubby decided that it would be a good idea to
stop at a couple stores with Moj in tow. So Mommy had dressed her non
furry little critter in a striped turtleneck sweater -- with a matching
hat that had a cute little white "tassle" on top of it. It was cold,
and I wanted to keep him warm, not "dress like a doll". He looked so
incredibly adorable, I almost kicked myself for never dressing them
before. I used to think people dressed their fuzzies for THEMSELVES,
more than their ferrets. Not anymore. At least with him, and having no
fur, and it being cold -- he NEEDS the clothing.

So -- Mojo and I waited patiently outside the store for Daddy to get
done with his ridiculous shopping binge. It never ceases to amaze me,
how these guys can draw a crowd! Move over cats and dogs (sorry to my 4
cats and 1 dog). I had people coming up to us, left and right. Got to
educate quite a few that NO ferrets do NOT eat people or babies. They
don't all bite and that their teeth were really geared for EATING THEIR
OWN FOOD....lol. Got to educate about adrenal gland disease too -- and
of course that led into me telling folks a lot about our fuzzy friends.
It was great! My husband came out of the store -- found me surrounded
by peoples. He had to "bust through" the crowd to get to me. As we
drove away -- he said: It never ceases to amaze me how you can draw a
crowd around you -- using just one little ferret"!

Many happy wishes for all my ferret list friends for a wonderful, safe
and Happy Holiday Season!

Kim and her Army of Idiots -- from The Land of Enchantment!