From:
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 01:33:35 -0500
Hellooooooooooooooo my friends! Lots happened this week. As usual, i'll
start with the sad stuff.....

There is a new star in the sky, a little bird of a ferret who was called
Starling.  She was a tiny little girl, loved by many.  When she went to
a home, we thought it would be forever.  Sadly, there was a divorce and
Starling came back to us a broken little girl.  Badly Adrenal and
slightly Insulinomic she had a tough time of things at the shelter.
THEN two angels stepped in to care for her.  Mark and Sandy.

They took her in and loved her as if she were one of their own.  She had
her own room (she was too good to play with other ferrets) and had the
run of their house all day.  She passed suddenly on Friday morning, in
auntie Paige's arms.  She's up here with me and wants me to tell her
foster parents this" i love you and i am so thankful you took me in.
Jake is here with me too.  i am so sorry i had to leave you so soon after
Jake did, it was my time.  Thank you for loving me and showing me hoomans
could be nice."

mommie never made it to see the J.P.  in the Paris cruelty case.  Sadly,
one of the statements was not delivered to her in time and without it,
she could not go.  SO, the case is now totally in the hands of the
S.P.C.A.  There is a statute of limitations of how long you have before
charging someone and since mommie couldn't go to the court without this
statement, the S.P.C.A. had to take over.  PLEASE cross your fingers
that the case will still go forth.  As of Thursday night, they now have
ALL the evidence, photos, video and statements.

Our little Barbie girl gave us all a scare on Friday morning.  She had
one of those scary screaming seizures.  auntie Jenny was horrified but
thankfully, auntie Paige was able to go over and bring Barbie out of it.
Please keep our little princess in your thoughts.

GREAT NEWS, Chip and Snow have found a forever home.  They join Tank,
Bente and Pickle in a happy Paris reunion!  According to auntie Tina,
Bente (Chip's mom) followed him around the house, chattering in his ear
as if saying "this is where they keep the treats....and this is where the
cat food is, don't worry, we're allowed to have it even though the mum
sayz it's no good for us...AND, OH, Chip, this is where the litter box
is, don't worry, the mum cleans our poop even if we don't use this
one...." It was a happy reunion.

Also, our little Keiko, who only spent ONE night at the shelter before
she was carted away to a "foster home" was adopted this week by her
"foster parents" auntie Bonnie and uncle Nigel.  LIKE WE ALL didn't know
THAT was gonna happen lol!  I don't ever remember a ferret going into
their "foster home" that ever made it back to the shelter!!!!!

The shelter took in another little cutie on Friday.  Shiraz is a tincy,
blind, spunky, sweet, bundle of joy.  She was found wondering the mean
streets, in heat and cold.  She is only about four months old and is a
nicely colored sable with a beautiful bouquet of wood shavings - oops,
i'm describing a ferret, not a wine!

The electrical work was done this week for the new shelter area.  Thanks
to uncle Terry and uncle Bob for donating the supplies and work!  Uncle
Terry freaked out when he saw the state of electrical work there and told
mommie she could have had a fire and worse, been electrocuted in the
shower!  thankfully, as a skilled electrician, he was able to fix
everything!

On Saturday and Sunday, the rest of the painting will be finished and the
floor will be made pretty (as pretty as an ugly, dingy, brown and yellow
floor can be made!).

My love to you all!!!!
Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society "For the Love of our Fuzzy Friends"
<http://www.ferretaid.org/>