From:
Ingrid Rhinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 07:07:48 -0600
Hello again everyone,

The hearing is getting close.  If you haven't signed the petition yet,
you need to do soon!  Also, if you're planning to send letters, those
also need to be sent soon so we are to be able to include them in our
packet for the delegates.

Now for the update - it appears we've really turned some heads!  Path
Valley Farms has sent a letter to pet stores and veterinarians stating
that we are trying to remove ferrets from pet stores and that we'll be
going after puppies and kittens next.  They're also notifying
veterinarians that our next target will be to go after them to hold all
animals for 7 days after surgery.  Rather ridiculous on both accounts,
but we've sure got their attention.

We need to show the support of all ferret-lovers at the hearing on
March 11.  If you can come and show your support in person that would
be wonderful!  If you can't come to the hearing, you can still sign the
online petition (see link below) and if you live in Maryland PLEASE,
PLEASE, PLEASE write/call/fax/email your delegates and voice your
opinion!!!  Email me if you would like a sample letter.  Find your
delegates at: http://mdelect.net/lookup.asp.

Thanks to everyone who has already signed the petition and pledged their
support for this bill.

Sincerely,
Ingrid Rhinehart
Secretary
Maryland Ferret Protection and Welfare Society
www.mdferretpaws.org
Sign the Petition!!  www.mdferretpaws.org/legislation/petition.html
Announcements - www.mdferretpaws.org/cgi/mboard/discus.cgi