Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 1997 12:46:24 -0500
Hello CA UPDATE Folks,

I just received word from Jan Goldsmith's office that he has been removed
from the Water, Parks and Wildlife Committee.  As you may or may not know,
each legislator serves on these committees at the pleasure of the Speaker.
In the same conversation I was also told by Jan's office that the Speaker,
Cruz Bustamante, promised to sign on as a co-author and has promised to work
for the bill.  While Jan's departure from the Committee is not welcome, the
Speaker's support certainly is and I think on balance, this development is
very good news.

The other development is that our bill will be heard in mid-late April
instead of late March.  This will give us more time to get our flyers up and
around the state.  I have new flyers that are easier to photocopy and have
the bill number on them, so anyone wanting the new flyers, please e-mail me
with your address.  If you are going to the Ferret Roundup in Claremont (LA)
on March 22nd, please pick them up there so we can save the postage.

Speaking of postage, if anyone can donate some first class (32 cent) stamps
those would really help with our next mailing to pet stores and
veterinarians.  Or, you can send a cash donation to Californians for Ferret
Legalization at the address below.

I've had a really busy couple of weeks with launching a new Ferrets
Anonymous chapter meeting in San Francisco, flying to Boston to press check
new T-shirts from The Ferret Calendar, and then returning to speak at the
Golden State Ferret Society meeting in Fremont.

One of the new FA folks from Marin wants to start a chapter there, so anyone
interested should let me know so I can add you to our growing list of Marin
County ferret enthusiasts.

In the meantime, everyone should be writing to the Chairman of the Water
Parks and Wildlife Committee, Chairman Mike Machado.  His address is:

Chairman Mike Machado
Water, Parks and Wildlife Committee
State Capitol
Room 5175
Sacramento, CA  95814

Jeanne Carley
Californians for Ferret Legalization
410 Mountain Home Road  Woodside, CA  94062
http://www. ccnet.com/~beisners/gsfs/lobby.html
CA!LIFORNIANS, YOU CAN FIND OUT YOUR ASSEMBLYMEMBER AND STATE SENATOR BY
VISITING THIS SITE!!  IT'S TIME TO CALL AND WRITE THEM TO CO-AUTHOR THE
FERRET BILL, SO ACT NOW!