From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:50:22 -0400
Hi everyone,
Haven't posted in a while, but I figured I'd just give an update on my
three little monsters.  Everyone went to the vet last Tuesday for
routine checkups and stuff, (Dr. Restey, for anyone in western MA-- he's
awesome!), and it was more eventful than I was expecting... I found out
Sebastian is pretty much blind in one eye, I mentioned to the dr. that
he bonks into things a lot, he took a look and found cataracts in his
left eye.  Not such a big deal, Sebastian doesn't seem to care.  Also
Sebastian is still looking adrenal (still no hair and it's been almost
a year since his surgery) so we talked about possibly starting him on
Lupron--I'm not really familiar with how that all goes, so any info
anyone could give me would be great.  Pukka and Lola are both doing
great, the vet kept saying he wanted to take them home with him!  Pukka
had a great time trying to rearrange the exam room while the other two
were getting their checkups.  Everyone got Benadryl and rabies shots--
Pukka did the most impressive demonstration of ferret swearing I have
ever heard at that point, I had never heard her make noises like that!
But then, waiting the required half hour, Pukka started throwing up and
acting groggy... *sigh* and I had just been chatting with someone about
how mine had never had a vaccine reaction.  They took her back, gave her
a steroid shot and kept an eye on her-- it was really frightening to see
her turn from regular crazy hopping-around Pukka to a limp ball, not even
wanting to blink.  Just as they were bringing her back out, Sebastian
starting trying to throw up, so back he went for the same bit.  Very
scary, but I'm so glad it happened well I was still there rather than on
the road or back home.

Everyone is ok now, thankfully (Lola was the only one to not have a
reaction, and she sat there the whole time looking at me: "Mom, why are
we still sitting here?"), but yesterday I discovered FLEAS on Miss
Pukka-lu!  She must have picked them up at the vet's because she doesn't
go outside.  I picked them off with my fingers and squished them, and I
really hope there aren't more!!  I got a flea comb and have been trying
to comb her-- any advice on flea eradication if there's more?  I know
this subject has come up multiple times, but even if you could direct
me to an archived FML that would be great.  This is turning out to be a
long post so I'll wrap it up, thanks in advance!

Rachel and the monsters