From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 May 2002 02:10:18 -0400
After laughing over Switch the Kit's foiled redecorating efforts, I
thought I'd offer our solution to that particular form of artistic
expression.

I fasten our pans to the wires of the cage with TwisTies.  I put the pan
exactly where I want it to stay in the cage.  Then I take a pen and mark
the lip of the pan where it is next to an upright wire of the cage at the
far ends of both sides of the pan that are against the wire walls.  For
a very strong ferret, I might mark another spot further up one side.  I
remove the pan from the cage and use an awl to pierce a decent-sized hole
in the top of the lip of the pan.  Insert TwisTie.  Give one twist so the
ends stick out sideways.  Slide pan into cage.  Twist the ties around the
wire that I used to mark the place for the hole.  My guys rarely even
bother to try to move their pans anymore since they don't get no
satisfaction.

Blessings
Judith
--