From:
Duck lite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 08:09:54 EST
Last night I received several late night rambling calls from someone who
identified himself as Lance from the Seattle area.  He was pretty much
incoherent as far as what he was saying, basically bashing every ferret
organization (LOS, AFA, LIFE, CFA).  I asked him several times to get to
the point, and tell me what he wanted.  He was unable to do so, just
continued to make harrassing statements.  I asked where he had gotten my
number, he told me from some FEEL brochures which had been put out on a
table at the Seattle ferret show.  I told him that we had not sent those
fliers out, that they must have been left over from another show as FEEL is
defunct, having served it's purpose.  (Several members continue to work to
help other states and get involved with rabies education and awareness, but
not under the name of FEEL.) He continued to be combative in nature, and
seemed to be just rambling on, so I told him the conversation (if you will
call it that) was over and hung up.  He called back and began berating me,
becoming extremely abusive over the phone.  I told him that if he called
again I would call the police and hung up again.

A few minutes later, he had a friend of his call.  She claimed to have made
a donation to FEEL at the Seattle show, and said she was calling the
attorney general's office for fraud.  I told her to go ahead, that we did
not solicit donations there, and I didn't know why our paperwork was there.
She began to get harrassing in nature, and I ended that conversation as
well.  I subsequently checked and found out that no one officially involved
with the Seattle show collected any funds for FEEL.  If you gave any money
to anyone on behalf of FEEL, please be assured that we did not ask anyone
to collect funds for us, as we are defunct.  If FEEL receives any money
from anyone, and we are unable to return it to the donater for whatever
reason, it will be turned over to the SOS fund.

Please, if you have old FEEL paperwork around, destroy it.  Please do not
send donations to us.  If you would like to make a donation to help
ferrets, either make it to a local shelter, or to Judith White's SOS fund.

Also, just to let everyone know, the total of donations FEEL accepted over
the 18 months it operated was under $50, and all other operating costs came
directly out of the pockets of the people primarily involved with it.

-Anne