From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 1999 17:35:29 -0400
The plea to aid Diane Campbell's shelter pulled my heartstrings!  I knew I
had to do something to help!!!  Coming home from town today I passed a yard
sale and remembered their needs!  I turned around and went back and had a
wonderful experience!  I asked the woman if she had any old towels or
linens and explained what I wanted them for.  All she had was a stack of
baby blankets-a good size stack-she offered them to me for 50 cents!  She
was interested and we talked "ferret" for about 15 minutes.  She said she
has friends who live in a housing development that is having a community
yard sale over the upcoming holiday weekend.  She said she would call them
and have them pull out all their towels, linens and baby blankets.  She
took my name and number and said she would call me as soon as she collected
everything!  This is a person who thought a ferret was a "rat-type"
creature!  Boy did I set her straight!!  So folks-if you see a yard
sale-why not stop and ask!  Not only is it a cheap way to help a shelter
out, but it's a way to teach people about ferrets!  This woman was full of
misconceptions about ferrets!  Now she is interested!  She gave me her name
and number and she wants to "be sure to attend" my ferret day because,
admittedly, she has never seen a ferret!!!  Reach out and teach where you
can!!  And if you can help a shelter out in the meantime-well hallelujah!
Dooks to all!!

DELLA and the TUMBLEWEEDS
Tyson(I neeeeeeed an ear...)
Einstein(gettaway from me!!!)