Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 12:14:25 -0700
>From: Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
>ferrets would have died and the store would have STILL got in more
>ferrets. The sad fact is kits dying in pet stores isn't going to stop
>the stores from purchasing more.

But it will.  Because it's also a sad fact of business, that if a product
line is not selling well, the business will stop selling that product
and go on to something that is profitable.  If a grocery store carries
artichokes, but all of them sit on the shelf and rot, they will
discontinue carrying artichokes and purchase something that does sell
in that neighborhood.  If no one purchases their ferrets that store will
STOP carrying that unprofitable item.  It's a merely a business decision.

Sandi

Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
a non-profit animal shelter
14325 Lake City Way NE
Seattle, WA 98125
(206)365-9105
Open 7 days/week or visit our on-line store at:
http://www.rabbitrodentferret.org