From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2008 11:08:05 -0500
HI John!

So you have one of those too? There is a vet practice in VT that has
ferrets categorized that way too. I read that on vaccination paperwork
that came with a ferret to the shelter several years ago. I am not sure
if the vet is really ignorant or if that is a canned software program
in the format. I hope it is the latter-- however when VT folks called
I did not recommend the [practice fearful that they did truly not know
what they were treating!

There is nothing that irritates me as much as professionals who make
such a huge mistake on the physiology and species orientation. Clearly
vets need should be conscious of the animal and where it sits in the
species origin to treat them effectively.

I assure you, I am NOT a vet but - your ferret is NOT a rodent!

ALicia at www.ferretwise.org