From:
mellisad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 23:12:50 -0500
Here is another update.  I have more good news to announce!

Today, I took about 12 horrifying pictures, a written statement from my
vet concerning the neglect of this ferret, and complete documentation of
the events that led up to this point and filed animal cruelty charges
against Pet Supermarket.  The police department was most sympathetic and
equally irate about the condition of the animal.  The pictures really
said it all.  While they conduct an investigation, they will be closely
monitoring the remaining ferrets at the pet store, as they too have been
exposed to Influenza and are crawling with ear mites.

I also followed up with Marshall Farms, but have not yet heard back from
them.  I also posted that correspondence on my website, if anyone would
like to read it.  Here is a link:
http://www.robandmellisa.com/mfcomplaint.html

Hope is still improving and regaining her strength.  She even played with
a stuffed toy this evening.  She now has a tummy and is starting to look
more like a ferret and less like a skeleton.

Mellisa (Cid, Boo, and a recovering Hope)

http://www.robandmellisa.com/hope.html
Above link describes this whole ordeal and contains pictures of Hope's
abused condition.