From:
Debbie Les <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 1997 22:06:50 -0400
Hello everyone.  This is the moment of truth.  I only wish that I could
muster up a speach in the style of Winston Churchill so as to inspire all of
you to rally.  Please dont misinterpret this message.  WE ARE ETERNALLY
GRATEFUL FOR WHAT ALL OF YOU HAVE DONE!!!  ...but on Friday, May 30, 1997,
the responsibility to save Kodo's (and all Michigan ferrets) life shifted
from the courts to YOU!  No one can sit this one out.  We need your prayers,
letters and contributions.  In 9 days it will all be over.  The court of
appeals can only be reached through the media (no one is immune to the
effect of the media).  I have been calling the local Detroit TV stations
repeatedly.  Today, I promised each of them 1000 letters by next Wednesday.
What I need is 2000 by Monday!!!  Obviously I can't deliver on that promise.
But you can:

WJBK TV-2
P.O. Box 2000
Southfield, MI 48037

WXYZ TV-7 - Didn't want the letters - they promised to contact WNEM to get
the story.

WDIV TV-4
550 W. Lafayette
Detroit, MI 48226

WKBD TV-50
News desk
26905 W. 11 Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48034

RADIO:
WWJ
16550 W. 9 Mile Rd
Southfield, MI 48086

WJR
3011 W. Grand Blvd.
Detroit, MI 48226

From a previous FML post: (I really need a deluge of snail mail to the
aforementioned sites)

[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], hkurtz!aol.com,
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
[log in to unmask], newswfmj.com, [log in to unmask],
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],[log in to unmask],
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask] nbc,
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

ALSO Please keep writing to our (MI) legislators.

Now for the tuff stuff:...
Our legal action is almost drained.  We have only 9 more days and we need to
secure three days of court transcripts ($$$$), Legal fees, and the fees for
the appeal.  Our attorney does not charge for drive time (his office is in
Lansing) and he is giving us a reduced rate.

Send your checks to:
Gloria Davis
Treasurer, Great Lakes Ferret Association
27654 Southpointe
Grosse Ile, Michigan 48138
ATTN: GLFA/LAF
Please make checks payable to GLFA/LAF; they'll be allocated to the Legal
Action Fund.

Credit card donations can be called in to Robert Jacobs at (517) 777-4807.

We also have Three styles of shirts
- Kodo in jail $20
- Deb's "Kodo: Everybodies ferret" (as seen on the Kodo Web Site) free
  with donations of $100 or more.
- Deb's "Kodo: Everybodies ferret" (much finer resolution and signed by
  the artist - 100% of profits go to the legal action fund)
  $35 (email [log in to unmask] or call 248-391-1895)

And if you are so inclined... Please pray.

Dave & Deb Les
GLFA