From:
Sue Dastous <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 1996 12:39:00 -0500
Hi fellow FMLers,

I have a question for the vets, vet techs, or anyone else who has
experienced a problem like this.  My little Tequila, 4 yr old, 1.5lb spayed
sterling silver had developed a slightly swollen vulva.  She has no other
symptoms.  She's as active as ever and doesn't appear to be bothered by it.
I took her to my vet to have her checked and he said that it could be one of
two things: ovarian tissue left over from her spay (unlikely in a 4yr old
ferret who has not exibited this symptom before) or adrenal disease (she has
no hair loss as of yet).  The vet told me to wait until she develops more
clinical symptoms before doing anything about it.  My question is, could
this be caused by something else?  Or if it is the early stages of adrenal
disease, should I do something about it now to help alleviate problems
later?  Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

Happy Dooking to everyone!!

Sue and the Fuzzy Four (Sammy, Tequila, Cinnamon and Buddy)

P.S.  I want to express my condolences to those who have lost their beloved
fuzzies recently and I pray for the sick ones to get well soon.