From:
Danny Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 1995 23:31:46 EDT
Dr. Williams,

>...chronic infection, most likley in the stomach due to Helicobacter...

At the moment, this seems the most plausable.  I have seen you describe this
several times, but I don't recall seeing the treatment.  Are there any further
tests I could have done before the urinalysis and blood chemistry or would they
confirm this?  My vet also did a fecal float, but nothing to note there.  The
best I can tell from visual inspection, feces and urine seem normal.  He has
always been a calm critter; not one for chewing or stealing stuff.  I did have a
previous experience with intestinal blockage, and there doesn't appear to be
any--I would consider him much lower risk for that than any of my other
fuzzbeans.  He is getting around a bit more, and played for about 10 minutes
yesterday.  I was just worried about his spleen growing and shrinking several
times the past few days, his muscle tone in his belly is not as firm, and
because of his reduced appetite.  He is a low stress type of guy and loves new
surroundings, but the move may have shaken him up a bit.  Thanks again for your
help.  Time to go love on the critter some more.

Danny

(BIG, I sent this with no line termination as reformattable from WINCIM.  Is
this OK, or do you have a line termination preference?)

[Danny, WINCIM reformats it so no line is longer than 80 characters, which
is what many mail systems expect - and is fine with me.  BIG]