Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 1995 15:44:10 -0600
Hi everybody!

I guess I've been on this list for just a couple of days.  I've been
fascinated wiht ferrets for years and yesterday, I finally got one.  He
doesn't have a name yet :>( but it won't be for long.

This little guy is just a 'kit' and I'm not quite sure how young he is, but
he is tiny, 10" stretched heat to 'hinney' not counting his tail.  I was
told he have been neutered and 'de-scented'.  Since he is a little wobbly
on his feet, he must be very young.  One thing that has amazed me is how
affectionate he is, and already knows how to 'entice'us to play with him.

Litter box training and such are the issue now, but one reason I've decided
to go ahead and introduce us is to as why, oh why, oh why in the world
would these little furries be illegal anywhere?  Which leads me to my
second question about the House Bill 295.  If passed, what exactly will it
provide for us?

Anyway, we love our little boy and now can't help but wonder why it took so
long to make the decision to get a "fur ball".

One more thing, a response to Kelleen Andrews and her beautiful 'Ode To
Racy', it brought tears to my eyes and made me sob.  My heart goes out for
you.  I've had a similar loss with one of my cats.......his allergy to flea
bites got so bad I had to put him to rest and the pain I felt was
overwhelming, but, with time......

Paul, John, and (heehee   to be named soon!)