From:
Natasha Mohr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 23:01:25 -0500
Hi, all.  Well, after having lost a ferret to peritonitis following
gastrointestinal surgery and then observing the same things happen to
others, I think I may be detecting a pattern in the onset of symptoms that
might be dangerously delaying treatment.  I have put together a survey, and
I would ask that EVERYONE who has had a ferret undergo gastrointestinal
surgery -- surgery in which either the stomach or the intestines, or
both, was opened, such as blockage surgery -- to please go here:
http://www.geocities.com/ferretsurvey
and fill out this brief survey for me.  I would request that everyone fill
out this form, regardless of whether your ferret suffered peritonitis or
recovered without incident.  Please take just a moment to do this.  Even
if you can't answer all the questions, please answer what you can.  It
will help.  I will keep the FML posted concerning the results.

Thank you!

-Tasha