From:
Rita Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2004 01:43:03 EDT
I dont know about chewing on computer wires but we had a terrible scare
with Nomad our very hefty male several years ago.  He and his 7 sisters
and brothers were out for their daily run in our living room and kitchen
and we realized he had climbed into our computer desk, dont know how, he
was a real whale, and he had gotten his head through the holes in the
back of the desk that are there to run wires through.  They are about
as big around as the bottom of a drinking glass.  Problem was he was so
damn fat his butt wouldnt slide through the hole.  He was hanging there,
dont know how long before we found him and was limp and bubbling at the
mouth.  My husband and I struggled a few minutes to free him but he
wouldnt just slip back through the hole as if he had swollen up from
struggling.  We were frantic and almost thought we were going to have to
tear the desk up to get him out but eventually we were able to get him
free.  He was still limp but came around and was very quiet and still
(but breathing).  I am convinced if we hadnt found him when we did he
would have strangled himself.  So, cover those holes up with blocks of
wood leaving a space JUST big enough for your wires.  Hope this helps.

Rita B.