From:
Tammy Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 12:48:02 -0600
Yipes!  I went to the pet store the other day, just to get kibble and
Ferrevite, and lo and behold, they have a new shipment of ferrets in!  I
kept telling myself that I was not going to fawn over them, ok, I lied!
One of the little babies came to the side of the cage and started
nibbling/sucking on my finger.  I then realized that these poor babies
still had their "milk" teeth!  The lady who owns this store told me they
are 5-6 weeks old, but I have trouble believing that since they are sooooo
tiny.  I know they are MF babies, but I don't think I've ever seen a ferret
that small.  When I looked in the bowl, I saw the standard MF kibble (yucky
stuff), dry.  I don't see how these adorable things are eating hard kibble
with those teeth.  I told her that if I could (money-wise, not room-wise)
I would take all 5 of them home with me.  (I had been told by her husband
that they would only sell them singly.) She informed me in a tone that let
me know she doesn't like ferrets that she'd sell them to me for sure.  This
woman doesn't care for the ferrets at all, and starts fussing at me the
minute I walk in for trying to play with them, and at least semi-socialize
them.  I'm sorely tempted to go back and break down and buy at least one
of them...How do you resist ferret math!?!?

As for my own 3, I've discovered that Lightning LOVES his Albon & vitamins
both.  Thunder has to be scruffed to get him to take either one, and Pea
Pie is the same until she realizes exactly what it is.  Then she tries to
tote me off like a treat or something!  I can tell you that it's a funny
sight: this little 1 pound fuzzball trying to drag me off by the finger!
<g> Well, time to finish the dreaded Christmas shopping (except for the
animals that is) and attempt to wrap gifts with fuzzies trying to get in
one end while I tape the other...

Blessings to all!  Prayers to all the sick.

Tammy & the Crew
Pea Pie, Thunder, Lightning,
Baby the furcat, and Ramses
the (somewhat) ignored canine...
"Trying to explain ferret math to a non-ferret owner is like trying to
 explain physics to a 3 year old."