From:
Sandy E Schieman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 1996 19:16:05 EDT
Hi folks!

We done decided to send one of them Olympic medals that we winned to Sukie,
Steve and Spot.  They was all real sad when Ruffle had to go to the Rainbow
Bridge.  We's also sendin' the medal because it was Spot's letter that gived
us the idea to enter the Olympics in the first place.  We knows that no
medal can ever takes Ruffie's place.  We just hopes that it will serve as a
fittin' reminder of what a sweet little lady she was when she was with us.

We gots some maybe sad news too.  Our Paw Paw seen the people vet today and
found out that he's got nerve damage that's makin' his left laig not work so
good.  The vet ain't real sure what caused it yet so Paw Paw's gonna be
spendin' a lot of time gettin' poked, prodded, tested and abused by other
vet folks.  The vet he seen today tolded him that he might as well get used
to usin' his walkin' stick on account of because the nerve damage was so
bad.  They might be able to fix some of it but the vet ain't too sure.

Anyways, he's gonna be real busy for the next few weeks seein' all kinds of
people vets.  Mee Maw's been keepin' him real busy helpin' her with her
business too.  He can do that kinda work since he don't have to walk none.
So he ain't gonna have much time to write no letters for awhile.  He's gonna
spend some more time writin' on his book too.  He kinda got sidetracked when
Mee Maw's business got so busy and the Olympics happened.

We had a date with Isabel and Jezabel tonight but we called it off.  We
fingered that Paw Paw and Mee Maw needed us to hang around and cheer them up
some.  We ain't exactly called off the weddin' with Rosie and Maxie yet even
though they thinks we has.  We is just thinkin' real serious like about
things.  We guess that if they's gonna get all upset because we likes Izzie
and Jezzie so much, they just might not be the gals for us.  We don't think
we would enjoy havin' wife-ferts that was jealous all the time.  Actually,
gettin' married is way down on the list of things that is important to us
right now.  Mee Maw and Paw Paw comes first.  We hope that Rosie and Maxie
will still wanna be friends.  Maybe, someday, we can talk about gettin'
married again.  Right now we just has other things on our minds and other
friends to meet.

Don't go to thinkin' that Paw Paw is real down or sad about his laig not
workin' so good.  After he seen the people vet today, he come clompin' into
the house and announced to Mee Maw and us, "Guess what?  I've got Dain
Bramage!" Mee Maw just allowed as to how she had always suspected that his
brain was located someplace to the south of his haidbone.  As long as they
can keep makin' jokes like that, them and us will be just fine.  We just
ain't gonna have much time for letter writin' for awhile.

Well, we's gonna go call up Isabel and Jezabel and do some serimous phone
snugglin'. Later!

Many much hugs and dooks, especially to anybody who really needs them
tonight.

Tater and Odie