From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 1995 17:31:10 -0400
Jeanne and others:

Originally, I never saw vomiting - I just saw the green slimey blob in the
litter box.  Then Dr. Williams told me that all the ferrets at AFIP vomited
before coming down with the greenies.

The BIG difference is that my ferrets are caged most of the time, sleep in
bedding which absorbs most of the vomit, or it was lost in the litterbox or
under the floor in the tray.  AFIP ferrets had very few luxuries in order to
maintain a sterile environment.

So, I started watching.  sure enough, a ferret would vomit, usually clear
fluids, and then within 12 hours have green slimey poops.  The vomiting seems
to be a one day deal, irritating the throat as the virus irritates the
intestines.  Then the ferret feels lethargic after so much retching and may
not eat much, then gets weaker....

I don't see every ferret vomit, but I'm now convinced it is the first sign...

Pam