From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 14:42:33 -0400
At 4:00 AM -0400 7/2/99, Rene wrote:
>Yesterday 7/1/99 I went to the New York based radio station, WNEW fm and
>brought Denise & Rick from KiSta Ferret Rescue along with me.

Great approach!  Hooray for you, Rene!  Wonderful work!

At 4:00 AM -0400 7/2/99, Bill wrote:
>Not in our experience.  Injuries from recliners, trapped beside sewing
>machines, cages falling on their tails, being stepped on, oter ferrets,
>dogs, but never from being picked up.

Also have never had an injury from picking up in something over 15 years
(16?, 17?, 18?).  Imagine it could happen, but it's not in our experience
at this time.

Have you gotten your letter out urging that the new, safer Canine Distemper
vaccine be released to the market?  Person to mention this to (someone
about whom I have heard only good things so far) is:

Dr. Zack Mills
Director of Marketing
Merial Ltd.
115 Transtech Drive
Athens, GA 30601

See my recent post on the topic for further details on this vaccine which
was recently tested at the National Zoo and which worked wonderfully not
only with ferrets but with the wild exotics so it has protective aspects
also for Zoological Park animals and for conservation efforts.