From:
Amy Evers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 1996 13:27:00 -0800
Hi All,

My Katie does the face rubbing thing after any kind of treat(fruit,
Icecream, tea, etc.), sometimes on the carpet and sometimes on any available
shirt or other item of clothing, the softer the better.  It's like she
thinks she got something all over her face while eating and has to wipe it
off.  (to hell with napkins)

Katie also used to "Dig" in her water bowl. She would splash water all over,
and then lick it off the carpet of her cage, or most often, off her own
belly and legs. She made such a mess, and I was filling her dish 4 or 5
times a day, and had to keep drying out the carpet, I finally gave up and
got a water bottle. Sometimes she will still "Dig" at the tube, and she
often "holds on" to the tube while drinking. But, she absolutely detests
baths.(go figure ???)

I also agree with the people that say bigger cages are better(Condos). I
made Katie a 30w x18d x30h "Condo" with 3 levels, and she is constantly
zooming up and down. The top "Floor" is her bedroom, second floor is the
dining room,and the "Downstairs" is a play area and the potty-room. I'd hate
to think of trying to cram Bed, Food dishes, water bottle, litter box, toys,
etc. all on one level. It also seems to keep food from ending up in bed with
Her like when I first got her and had only a one level cage set up.

Amy and Katie
"Here's Dookin' at you Kit"