From:
Mary Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 1995 11:37:40 -0600
My heart goes out to you, Dr. Williams, and all the other parents
that have lost their precious babies.  Wow, 8 1/2 years.  I only pray
that Merritt will make it that long.  A couple weeks ago on Saturday
I noticed he had what looked like a big blood blister on his lower
stomach, and it appeared to have fresh blood seeping out all around
the base onto his skin.  I freaked!  After several panic calls to my
vet and an animal hospital, I finally got my vet to squeeze us in.
She had no idea what it was, took a sample (with a syringe which
Merritt hated!) and looked at the cells, but didn't recognize what
they were.  She ended up keeping him and taking it off, along with
tissue from an inch around it.  I got a call last week, she had the
report back from the pathologist -- it was a mastcell tumor, but it
looks as if they got it all.  So we are both okay again for a while.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone, including Dr. Williams, for
all you valuable advise and input.  Hope all the kids have a fun
weekend terrorizing their parents!

Mary Allen
Omaha, NE (in the 60s this weekend --YEA!)