From:
Katherine Kuckens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 1996 22:46:12 -0400
To Linda Doran,

Last time we had a discussion about ferrets in Egypt, I was accused of being
terribly boring !  I can't imagine why my multi-paragraph note about my
former life as an Egyptologist, complete with references to German textbooks
and British compendiums, would be boring.  <G> So here is the SHORT answer
as best as I can: the ancient Egyptians had no qualms about displaying
ANYTHING.  Bodily parts, bodily functions, unusual (to us) sexual activity -
nothing was too private to depict.  I think they were remarkably down to
earth and honest about all aspects of their world.  So I believe that if
there were ferrets in their world, they would have shown them.  After all,
they worshipped cats.  I think they would have LOVED ferrets if they had
them, and they might have worshipped them, too.  That's my humble opinion.
All in one paragraph.

Kat