From:
braunap1 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 1995 08:05:42 EST
Bill and All FML Subscribers,

   I do think the FML has become quite lengthy and I often roll my eyes when I
see how much info I've got to weed through looking for topics of interest.
Since I try to locate any interesting articles that may be especially worth
reprinting (in my opinion) in the AFA Newletter, I really don't want to skim
too fast and miss anything.

   I would just like to vote for the continuance of the FML as it currently is
handled.  Bill, you do an incredible job!  I don't know where you find the
patience.

   One tip, and someone may have already stated this, take the time to give a
clear subject line.  If you have numerous responses to different articles,
please consider sending separate mailings with "Re: <the topic you're
responding to>".  That list at the beginning may get larger, but finding what
one is looking for would be much easier.  I think subjects like "Re: FML
1105" are of absolutely no help.  Is someone really responding to the entire
FML #1105?

   In my observations, I find it ridiculously amuzing how someone can ramble
forever and supply the FML with such a skimpy and/or non-claritive subject
line.  Maybe someone has a list of keywords they can offer the subscribers to
follow when posting (e.g.: Poem, Question, URGENT, Law, Death, Food, Show,
etc.).  Then, each subject line could be that keyword fllowed by a hyphen
followed by some more clarity (e.g.: URGENT - My Ferret Has Green Poop, Law -
Latest on Mass. Bill, Show - Upcoming for MD in May, Re: Question - Can
anyone recommend a nail clipper?, etc.).

                            Respectfully,
                            Alan Braunstein

Comments above are mine, I think.  I couldn't tell ya if they're anyone else's.