From:
Kristen Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 May 2004 11:18:24 EDT
I don't post often, just enjoy reading and learning.  I have a private
ferret rescue in VA for about 13 years now.  I tend to take in the
elderly, sick, blind, or ones people just don't want.  None are usually
adoptable.

About a year ago I had to stop taking in any new sweeties.  My Momo died
and the findings showed probable ADV, a month later I lost another with
the same symptoms.  I now have a 4 year old, (one of 7) Miss Sophie, who
I received from my vet about a year and a half ago.  A week after I got
her she got extremely sick, the vet believed it was ECE, after getting
down to under a pound and a week of tube feeding, she improved.  AT the
time she was given to the vet, she had a swollen spot on one of her front
toes.  After regaining her health, the toe was removed, and was shown to
be non cancerous.  She has been healthily tell now.  Her lymph nodes at
her neck and hind area are very swollen, and work shows it is cancerous.
What are other possible treatments besides radiationand chemo?

We have her on antibiotics and may start her on pedipred.  Other ideas
would be extremely appreciated.  Thank You.  You may email me privately
at [log in to unmask]

Shelley