From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 1997 15:56:17 -0800
Greetings all,

As a new poster but a long time reader (I've had various friends forward
hardcopys on to me) I figured that it was high time to introduce my
wonderful wife and the Fab Four of Ferts and oh yea I guess I should start
with myself.  I was first introduced ferrets about 8 years ago when I
rescued one from a neighbor who thought it was some kind of fuzzy snake.

After Dweezil (she was a small female called Dweezil the Weezil because the
vet that I first took her to couldn't put down that she was a ferret and I
hadn't yet named her) passed away I was fert less for about 4 years.  It
wasn't a complete waste of time though, I did meet my wife and through some
friends introduced her to fuzzys.

My wife absolutely fell in love with the critters and the next thing I know
we are heading off the Reno Nevada for our first kid.  We got to the pet
store and they brought out a box of kits that were sound asleep.  As I put
my hand down to pick one up this little streak shot out from under a towel
in the box and ran up my arm.  The next thing I know, I've got a ferret
sitting on my shoulder giving my ear a real cleaning.  My wife took him and
he burrowed into her sweater and fell asleep.  We figured that it was meant
to be and so we brought home Pooka.

Well after about three months we figured that Pooka might be getting a
little lonely during the day because we both work so...Up to Reno we go
again and come back with a darling female named Kyla.  Pooka got to pick out
his little sister and made a fine choice.  We would have been delighted with
the two but then came Pheonix Az.

We were down visiting family and just happened to drop into a local pet
store and found ourselves coming out with Duke.  His trip home from Pheonix
is one that neither Duke nor Us want to repeat.  We smuggled him onboard the
airplane after giving him some vet recommended sleeping medicine.  That
would have been fine except he decided to wake up half-way throught the
flight.  Well to make a long story short the plane only reeked a little of
ferret, my wife and I were wrecks and Duke was finally able to get out of
his bag.

About six monthes later we again found our selves visiting the beautiful
state of Arizona and came across our littlest girl Ariel.  She's a darling
little panda with a TON of ferritude.  She just had to survive a 12 hour car
trip to get home instead of the 2 hour one her older brother dealt with.

That's our clan and We look forward to sharing the adventures and fun with
all of you as well as sharing your stories, hints and general help.

Happy Dooking,
Greg and Georgia Williams
and Pooka, Kyla, Duke and Ariel

Pooka:  I'm not spoiled, I always smell this way!
Kyla: I don't care about the rest of you, I'm Mommy's favorite anyway
Duke: But why can't I have the chocolate Mommy and Daddy eat it?!
Ariel:  Hee Hee!! If I bite daddy's toes it'll get Pooka in trouble!  And
besides, I'm too cute to get yelled at!