From:
Susann Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:13:08 -0800
We are very sorry to announce that PayPal is no longer accepting
transactions for our holiday raffle on behalf of Furetti Ferrets of
Amherst, Ohio.

In fact, PayPal has informed us that it is no longer accepting payments
for any online raffles, anywhere, period.

We know this will have a huge and devastating impact on non-profit
organizations that rely heavily on raffles to raise funds. Ferret
shelters will be hit especially hard, because so many are barely
surviving now, and a raffle can make the difference between the
shelter staying open or being forced to close.

In the meantime, OUR RAFFLE IS STILL ON !!!!! All you have to do is
write a check, and send it to Furetti Ferrets!!!! This wonderful
shelter has answered the call over and over again, and really needs
our help. Shelter op Cathy Tarzia is facing thousands of dollars in
emergency vet bills and has more than 40 ferrets to care for, all by
herself.

Please don't let this shelter and its precious furkids become victims
of political greed and stupidity!! You can still enter the raffle and
win one of 15 fantastic prizes, including a brand-new XBox 360 Elite
($299 value!!!) with two games.

There are also plenty of ferret goodies - bedding, food, toys and more
- and great stuff for humans, too.

Please visit our website for instructions on how to enter the raffle -
without PayPal. Just write a check and drop it in the mail with a
stamp. Sooo easy!

Think a few dollars make no difference? The mightiest river begins
with a few small creeks. For a $2 ticket, you can be part of something
big and very meaningful.

Thanks so much for your continued support. It does matter - now more
than ever.

Susann Thiel and Lisa Oestereich
Friends of Ferret Shelters
http://www.shelterfriends.blogspot.com