From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:15:28 -0400
Condolences to those with lost, sick, or angeled "other cage food"
eaters...

(Hey!  Spazzie's cage is open and she ain't in there.  Let's raid her
food, so we can save ours for later!  Besides, her food tastes better
when the cages are open...and so does her water!  And while I'm at it,
I'll poop in her litter box...and sleep in her hammock...and her sleep
sack...and her hide-a-way....and...)

The scene opens with purple smoke billowing all around [coff...coff!] and
the stars sparkling in the far distance.  Strange singing (done by the
FTC [Ferret Tabernacle Choir]) can be heard in the far distance, along
with strains of modern-sounding jazz music...

As the music and voices fade into the background, the camera view lowers
and focuses on the nearby motion.  There is the sound of Switch and Lily,
mumbling amongst themselves and the occasional 'clink' of metal-on-metal
as they continue the repairs on that danged Hover craft.  Why do these
Tonka toys always break down during the fun parts?

About 20 miles behind them, Todd is laying in a meadow, a can of
fermented raisins in the crook of his arm, staring at the same stars.  He
is unconcerned, knowing that the little furballs didn't *mean* to bump
him out of the Hover craft and they will probably be back soon to pick
him up and continue the ride.

In the meantime, he lays back and ponders world-impact-type thoughts,
like, why are green peas...green?  And, why don't kids like carrots?
And, why are rabbits so darned cute, with those wiggly litte noses and
big, long ears?  You know...important things.

Todd whips out his super-duper spy tool kit, pulls out the straw tool and
sips at a glass of milk (hey...*real* guys drink milk...it does a spy,
good!), then pops another raisin in his mouth.

A stray thought marches through his mind...

"I wonder if anyone noticed I was gone?  Will anyone attempt to rescue
me?  Wait...I *run* a rescue, don't I?  Will I have to rescue myself???"

Todd has a mind like a steal trap, don't he?  Anyone got some 3-in-1 oil?
I think his trap is stuck.

The camera slowly pulls back and the ferret choir voices fade back in.
The camera turns, panning across the landscape and zooms in on....MONDAY
NIGHT FOOTBALL!  Are you ready for some FOOT BALL???

[ABC football theme music thunders into the foreground and the camera
zooms in on thousands of people in the stands, as ferrets romp through
the seats, stealing popcorn and unattended hot dogs...]

NOTE: The aforementioned storyline is the property of...uh...someone.
No rights reserved.  If you find a copy of this, don't bother to return
it.  Change your transmission fluid from time to time, as recommended
by...uh...someone else.  Always puts stamps on your paper mail.  The post
office likes it that way.  Don't let your meat...loaf...like that other
guy did.  Oh...and the raisins aren't *really* fermented.  I just said
that to put some spicy into the story.  They're just regular raisins...
soaked in rum! :)

---
Todd and the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns

mailto:[log in to unmask]