From:
"Parker T. Russell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 22:41:04 -0500
My wife and I are the proud providers of a mature 5+ yr.  old female ferret
(1 1/2 lbs.) (named GiGi).  We've always mulled around the idea of adopting
a friend for her to play with, but have been turned off by the prices in
local pet stores ($150-$180) and the possible discomfort and even disese
(ECE?) that might be brought to our normally healthy fert (only a minor skin
rash in all her years).

Any advice for us?  GiGi has always had complete run of the house (day and
almost all night), the cleanest in multiple litter and food/water pans, and
I'm not sure that the company of other ferrets would be all that much of a
thrill for her.  Perhaps a mature, but reasonably healthy fert from a local
shelter in MA.  (we live in Providence, RI)?  Thanks for any advice you'all
can give!