From:
Juliana Quadrozzi - GA Domestic Ferret Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 22:08:13 -0400
I just saw a piece on Human Animal (Animal Planet Channel) about how CT
handled their rampant raccoon rabies problem.  They scattered a food
raccoons like which encased rabies vaccine.  When the narrator said *& then
the animals had to be tested* I was waiting to hear how they trapped, killed
& tested a control group for rabies.  I was surprised when they said a blood
sample was drawn to test for the rabies antibodies.

Can any experts tell me why this blood test isn't used instead of killing an
animal to test brain tissue?
KODO IS DEAD - LONG LIVE KODO

Juliana
Frodo, Rocks, Anola Gay, SNAFU, FUBAR, Tabu,
Chaos, Tuxedo, Bijou, Fiasco, & Dazzle