From:
Pam Yerkes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 2008 04:23:39 -0800
I've only posted here 1 other time but I love lurking in the background
and sharing your many stories and unfortunately, your sad times. I've
been sitting here reading the posts about the Giving Tree and tears are
rolling down my cheeks. It's just so beautiful to see everyone give so
freely in this time of financial difficulty. You take the time to drop
a few things in the mail to make a special fert happy. This
selflessness (is this a real word?) has really touched my cold, hurting
heart and I feel like the Grinch right now when his heart grew 2 sizes.

It's been a difficult time for us the last few months, as I know it has
been for many. I haven't been my normal sunny self and I'm afraid I've
made my dear hubby suffer for it. I've been sitting here wallowing in
self pity because I've had to resort to selling off lots of things that
I've held precious for a long time just to get by. I've let this weigh
on my heart and take up almost permanent residence there for way too
long.

Reading how your ferts are romping and chomping their way through
presents no matter how small, has made me remember to treat life like
a fert. To a fert, everyday is Christmas.

I have my kids, even if they do live in another state and I have a man
that loves me unconditionally, I am very lucky and am very blessed
indeed. Though there is no tree or presents in our house, I have my
hubby and sister in law with me and my kids and grandkids in my heart.
And of course, my primary reason for reading the FML, my ferts who give
so freely their kisses and joyful dooks.

Christmas is the time of year when we really want to give something, no
matter how small it is, to brighten someone's day and to show that they
are loved and appreciated. So for me, this is my small way of doing
just that.

Merry Christmas everyone! I love and appreciate you all for what yo
do and for who you are.

Pam and Phil - ( I love you so very much, dear) Ferts, Feathers & Fins