From:
Christine Belsom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 03:36:44 -0600
Puffo, as you guys may or may not know, is my funny-lookin' gray ferret
with white face, feet, tip of his tail, and crooked white stripe on his
head.  He also has white kneepads and little gray smudges of "eyeshadow".

He's been acting sort of funny lately, but only intermittently.  At first,
I feared a blood sugar problem, 'cuz that addles their little brains, and I
had seen it in Janice before she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.
This made me scared and sick, but when I took poor Puffs to the 'vet, there
was nothing wrong with his blood tests.  The vet says to come back, but I'm
having a bit of financial trouble, and the vet said it could probably wait
because he checked for all the serious stuff already... but I wanted to ask
you guys.

Here's the symptoms: Puffo seems to have trouble finding his poop spot in
the cage.  he steps in the food and in the water dish I place underneath
the water bottle.  When I was giving his greedy maw some ferretvite a few
weeks ago, he ate up, and paused a moment to smack all that gooey goodness
down (I tasted some of that stuff to see what the fuss was about, but I'm
STILL baffled), and then when I offered him the spoon again, he flinched
back before realizing what I was doing... On the other hand, he is still
energetic and has gained back all of the weight he had lost when I went to
Europe.  He plays and dooks more than Rembrandt, who has gotten rather fat.
My father says he has cataracts, but my dad's a Gynecologist -- he's good
for getting medicine for the furballs and helping me give shots (after the
vet showed us how...) but Veternarian he ain't.  Besides, wouldn't you be
able to see a cataract?  I know Puffo sees stuff cause he can follow my
hand around when I have treats, but Maybe he can't see too well.

Please advise.  Sometimes vets don't know if something can wait or not.
I've only got a few days until my check comes, so I need to know if this
is something I should take care of immediately.

love christine
Puffo, Rembrandt (and Janice and Prospero from across the Bridge)