Date:
Mon, 27 May 2002 15:01:49 EDT
There is no middleman in delivery of Marshall Farm ferrets to the Petco
stores I used to visit for years with regularity.  I was TOLD that by the
managers, and cannot think of a single solitary reason for why they would
lie.

The average person I have talked to over the years has no idea what MF is.
I am sure that I have spoken with over a thousand people at pet stores by
now.  Marshall Farms ferret and Marshall Farms Beagle puppy mills mean
nothing to them.

The info Sandi shared on the FML today actually showed the paperwork with
no middleman in between.  Thank you Sandi.  It is certainly not a surprise
to me.  But the FACT is right there.  I think it is of critical importance

Several people over the years have tried to blame underage ferrets on
other breeders, saying a middleman switched the Marshall Farms ferrets for
others.  There has been NO proof of this for us, or valid documentation
given, yet it was presented as fact-which I found absurd and offensive.
Realize that friends of the Marshall Farms ferret and puppy mills have
been reading the FML.

I am about to have the floor put in that was supposed to go in last week,
and have no desire to get into another discussion of MF ferrets.  The
archives have a number of sites for newbies to look up if Sincerely
interested in one of the largest puppy mills

Sunny Rhino Mudd came to Petco from MF-according to paperwork and the
manager- with his eyes still closed, he was so young.  The vet did not
think he would live, as he had been left in the back room to die, and was
ill.  He fit entirely in my hand-which is a small hand.  He was like a
hamster in reverse-with a big head and body too weak and small to stand.

He thinks that I am his mother, I believe.  I hand fed him, and carried
him around with me everywhere when I came home from work.  At this time,
yet Another Petco in Niles on Golf Road would not let the public touch
the tiny ferrets with eyes still closed.  The staff hand fed the guys.

I got so busy trying to save Sunny that I never learned how many managed
to survive in Niles.  I did let the FML know of store and location
immediately for anyone wanting to verify the info.

My years spent going to the various pet stores to make acquaintance with
the staff, and help trim nails, or place food and water down in the ferret
containers, and then educating the people working there over and over
again---due to high staff turnover---is probably at an end.  I just have
too many rescues now.  And making them happy after what they have been
through is my priority.  I spent the entire day today taking the guys out.
I am wiped out.

So I thank Sandi very much for the Factual info I reviewed.

For those of you working for Petco--I met some really wonderful people at
your stores.  Many of them ended up taking home for themselves the ferrets
that would not sell that had been stuck there for months, or that were
ill.  I think a number of people go into the pet store business because
they like animals.  They have no control over policies in place.

Lisette