Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2008 18:59:28 +0000
Hey all, I remembered all of those back yard breeder posts from a while
back. I can't help but wonder what you all consider back yard breeding?
And compare this with the dog breeders. Every single breeder should be
considered a "back yard breeder" with the exception of puppy mills.
Ouch. You all make it seem so bad for people to be breeding fuzzies.
Honestly, would you rather have large-scale breeding with little
concern towards each ferret's health, or smaller back yard breeders who
breed for quality rather than quantity (and consider the fact that in
rare dog breeds, when we sell pups, all we're getting from the price is
pay back for all of the money we've spent raising the pups)? You all
know how young kits are when they're shipped off to pet stores - and
many of them are already neutered and/or descented. And isn't there
evidence to suggest that for a ferret to properly develop each of these
processes should wait until after 1 year of age to be done? The list
goes on and on. Just my two cents' worth

Cheers,
Agnesa