Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 17:47:17 EST
Hi Limejello

We had a shelter ferret by the name of Nomad - a beautiful cinnamon mitt -
well, anyway - he was a "high pooper", so we put a taller backed litter pan
in his cage - and all that did was cause Nomad to brace his feet on the
outside bars of the cage!  We had cut down a dishpan type Rubbermaid
container (the sides were more than 6" tall) and he defied that too!  It
was absolutely hilarious to watch - he would back up, back up, wiggle,
wiggle and then UP!  both back feet on either side about 1" from the top of
the second story of the cage!  Im not sure he broke the 14" mark - but it
was close!

We solved this problem by cutting a section of linoleum and lining the
corner that Nomad used (from the inside of the cage) and when the litterbox
went back into the cage, it tucked behind the linoleum, acting like a
curtain, so to speak.  We attached the linoleum to the cage with cable
ties.  When Nomad tried to "do his thing" it fell back into the litterpan.
Good luck with your Picasso!

Lisa, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"
Want to help The Ferret Haven By-the-Sea? Register at iGive.com
by cutting and pasting this link:
http://www.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?CID=1236&MID=854