From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2007 09:44:32 -0400
I just thought about that, I am not accusing anyone, I am stating
fact, someone on the waiting list just dumped their ferret without
any thought.

It just gets very tiring having them just dumped, or abandoned in
apartments. Donations are way down, just like in every shelter, we are
all struggling. Vet bills are going up, just like for every shelter.
Room is at a premium, just like every shelter.

Stress levels are extremely high for every shelter op. Stuff like this
doesn't make it any better.

And I will end like I usually do, if you don't want to help this
shelter, I can respect that, but help some shelter, even if all you do
is send $5 a month, or one dollar a week, it helps. If there is a
shelter within a reasonable driving distance for you arrange to drive
in one day every month or every other month.

There are so many of you out there that say, I don't have the time, or
I can't afford to donate. If everyone found a way to spend four hours a
month at a shelter or send just $5 a month regularly, shelters would be
in much better shape. Remember, for every one of you who says they
can't because of x,y, z, there are TEN more who think the same way.

Jean Caputo-Lee
Director
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter
4116 Bucyrus Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio   44109

http://www.ferretsunlimited.org"www.ferretsunlimited.org
Non-Profit, No-Kill
216/749-3885
216/409-3849

Volunteers are the backbone of ALL shelters. Little donations add up to
BIG Miracles