From:
Melissa H <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 03:02:56 GMT
Hi all, I'm hoping for a little help here....

My first question is this.  At the pet store I work at we just got in a
new batch of ferrets.  There is one female, with an all white face, white
blaze, and white spots on her belly, who I believe is deaf.  She doesn't
respond to anything...kissing noises, clapping, snapping, or the noise from
a "clicker" (the things you use for dog training.)  Is her color pattern
typical of Waardenberg's?

What tests can the store vet do to check/confirm my suspicions?

At our store, we won't sell animals that have any problems, so selling her
is now not an option, but my manager does want to get credit for her from
Marshall's.  If he gets credit for her, will we have to return her to be
destroyed?  Or would MF let her be released to me, if I release them from
the warrantee?

Okay....now let's say that MF said that "yes, you can take her." What
precautions do I have to take with a deaf ferret in my home?  How can I
discipline her (when aiieeee and yelling NO won't work.)

Thank you all in advance.....

Melissa

Shiloh, Yappers, Binks, Biscuit....and Taylor, the honorary ferret