Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:59:47 EDT
Just a short note to say hi everyone.  Times out here in New Mexico are
looking bleak for a few of us.  I, along with 129 other people here, was
laid off from my job at Cricket on 10/2/02.  Crickett isn't doing so hot
and they had to let a few folks go.  In a way, I am glad!  Gives me more
time to spend with the fuzzies!  Of course with the upcoming holidays -
it should prove interesting money wise though!  I guess my family was one
of the "lucky" ones, as we were fortunate enough to have received a small
"nest egg" that will hold us through Christmas.  Out here in ABQ - telcom
jobs are scarce, so it could take me a while to get another job.

So - with all this new time off, I decided to add a couple newbies to our
group.  After losing Sinbad, the cat without a name, we decided the house
was too quiet and added a Mainecoone.  He is awesome, and 1.5 years old.
Purrs, plays and does "donuts" on everything and everyone, including our
favorite little snot, Artemus.  But, alas, the house was still too quiet.
So off again to the animal shelter where we found a little itty bitty
black kitten.  Now it is no longer quiet.  The ferts absolutley love the
kitten, and she loves them.  It is quite cute to watch them.  My gal fert
(Helena) thinks she is the kittens "mommy" and takes very good care of
her.  She grooms, attacks, plays with and generally "watches" over her
like a hawk.  I went to give the kitten a bath, which caused her to make
horrible "I'm being murdered" shrieks.  Helena, promptly ran over to the
sink, looked at me, and bit my toe.  Hard.  Very hard.  Blood spurting...
kitten shrieking, ferret "attacking" - Mommy dancing......it was one of
those days in our house again.....just when I think I can live through
this, over struts Jasper - the new cat - (mainecoone).  He sat there
plaintively yowling while the kitten was screaming, Helena was chewing,
Artemus was having hysterical ferret fits of laughter (gee you think
ferrets can think?  He's next on my list!).  Now, this mainecoone kitty
can not stand the kitten at all - but when he thought she was being hurt,
he came to the rescue.  So - between him, and Helena they both sat there,
dooking/meowing and winding themselves around my ankles, until I was done
with the kitten.  Romulous (my GOOD FERRET SON) - was quietly watching
this going on......They caused me to stumble twice, stub my toe a number
of times, and "high" step to keep from being "eaten" by an angry ferret
momma and "adoptive" cat poppa.  When bath time was over for the kitten,
I took her out and dried her off and went to set her on the floor, with
her "mommy".  Well, Helena sat there, shrieking at me, as if I was
hurting HER - bit my foot one more time for good measure, and husteled
her "baby" off for a good "drying" session.  She hissed at me one last
time, when she went to bed tonite.

I wonder if she will ever forgive me?  *Hehehe*  These guys teach us
so much!  As for Jasper, he sees me heading for the sink, and he goes
looking for the kitten..... It is good to be back in the swing here - I
missed reading my daily emails!  Hope everyone is doing great!

Hug your fuzzables all~
Kim Gorman