Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 16:50:23 EDT
I called the Petco nearest me.  The baby ferrets that were sneezing when
I held them yesterday were to have been kept in Care Fresh bedding or
Yesterdays News.  Then I called the manager at the Petco Store in Skokie
Il. on Toughy Ave.  The bedding had not been changed by 4 p.m. today.
These poor animals are STILL in pine bedding.

I kid you not.  Even I was sneezing from all the shavings floating in the
air.  You could easily see them floating around when the tiny babies moved.

The manager is named Doug.  He would not give me his last initial and was
not a very happy camper though I was polite.  He said it was NORMAL for
ferrets to SNEEZE ALOT!!!!!!!!!  And he said there was nothing wrong with
pine bedding.  He has it for ALL the animals.[and he does]

Can anyone help these baby ferrets stuck in this bedding in a large glass
container with a phone call to corporate office or to the one in Skokie???
Does anyone have literature on pine bedding ?  The phone number to Petco in
Skokie where these babies are sneezing already is 1-847-673-7387.

I may sound like a pest, but it only took Chewy a few days in Pine shavings
at that Petco before he became so close to death.  No one is going to take
these ferrets once they get really sick.

Please make a polite call and ask if the litter has been changed yet to
Carefresh Bedding or Yesterdays News.

Time may literally be running out for these little ferrets.
Many Thanks, Lisette